Sequim Prairie Nights*
10 August 2019
Enthusiast, owners and just plain car guys and gals, plan on attending our 3rd annual downtown Sequim car show and shine this August 10, 2019 and experience the Sequim downtown in a whole new manner. Last years event was attended by 165+ vehicles and enjoyed by over 2000 visitors. This years event is expected to even better than last.
Yes, the event is called Sequim Prairie Nights and is being held during the day but we hope you will stay and make the night your own experience at one of the local venues. Vehicles from the early days of automotive history to 1979 are welcome to participate in the downtown show and shine event. In addition to show participants, special vehicles of significance will be on display and their owners available for questions and comments such as:
- A 1966 Chevrolet Corvette "Tanker" recently featured at the Corvette Legends Invitational, a very "rare" example of mid 60's muscle.
- A salute to veterans! An array of vintage military vehicles will be on display along with the Non-Profit organization "Pennies for Quarters". Be sure to check them out.
- Happy Days TV car, a 1950 Ford Convertible, Joanie's car used in Season 8, Episode 5, (12-9-80) will be on display
- Alan Thornock's "VooDoo Child" funny car will be on display.
- Check in later to see if we've added any other special cars or displays
This annual events proceeds, will provide Schlorships for the automotive, computer and construction trades for Sequim High School graduates. Additionally it is hoped that participants and attendees alike will find the time to visit the local restaurants and retail outlets during their visit. The Sequim Prairie is a unique eco-climate and enjoys a minimal rain fall when compared to the rest of the Olympic Peninsula. While it may be raining elsewhere, we in Sequim are usually dry.
Periodic drawings will be held throughout the day for unique car and non-car related items. Tickets for items to be drawn on will be available all during the day, with winning ticket numbers provided on a white reader board with the first drawing occurring during the 11 o'clock hour. Winners will need to be present to claim their item. Unclaimed items at the end of the day will be subject to additional drawings until a winner is had or held over to the next event in 2020.
Following the Sequim Prairie Nights Car Show and Shine, participants are invited to attend a local "non-guided" cruise from downtown Sequim out to the Dungeness Spit area ending back in the center of Sequim. Local residents will be encouraged to cheer you on as you cruz by. By this time Sequim downtown streets should be back to normal and visitors are invited to dine at any one of the local fine restaurants, stay the night in one the several local hotels and or visit the award winning 7 Cedars Golf Course or 7 cedars Casino on your way out of town.
* Registration for this event is encouraged due to limited event parking estimated to be approximately 250 vehicles. Advance registration: $25 and at the show $30. Registered participants will receive a fine quality hat with an embriodered 2019 Sequim Prairie Nights logo on the front, and a commemorative dash plaque, well worth the price of admission.
Participants and attendees are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item for the local food bank. Food items may be left at the registration area.
Follow us on Facebook for periodic updates for the show and check back with this page periodically for changes or additions to the upcoming show.
*Sequim Prairie Nights is "Wordmarked"and its Logo and related materials are registered trademarks of Sequim Prairie Nights and cannot be duplicated or used without the express permission of Sequim Prairie Nights in writing.